Wednesday 3 August 2011

Soccer Quotes

  • Soccer is not just about scoring goals – it’s about winning.
  • We lost because we didn’t win.
  • If they are going to win this match, they’re going to have to score a goal.
  • Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple.
  • Soccer is the ballet of the masses.
  • If you are first you are first. If you are second, you are nothing.
  • If you don’t concede any goals you’ll win more games than you lose.
  • If you’re attacking, you don’t get as tired as when you’re chasing.
  • As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.
  • Whoever invented soccer should be worshipped as a God.
  • I was surprised, but I always say nothing surprises me in soccer.
  • Soccer is all very well as a game for rough girls, but is hardly suitable for delicate boys.
  • I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock.
  • A million wouldn’t buy him, and I’d be one of them.
  • If you don’t believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day.
  • It’s why we play the game. Anything is possible, anything can happen, and we proved that again tonight.
  • The more time you have, the more mistakes you will make.
  • We were a little bit outnumbered there, it was two against two.
  • I’ve never wanted to leave. I’m here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well.
  • We didn’t underestimate them. They were a lot better than we thought.
  • I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right.
  • The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.
  • He’s one of those footballers whose brains are in his head.
  • My legs sort of disappeared from nowhere.
  • The Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched in sweat, and the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • Sometimes in soccer you have to score goals.
  • Every defeat is a victory in itself.
  • Soccer is the opera of the people.
  • The opening ceremony was good, although I missed it.
  • If we played like that every week we wouldn’t be so inconsistent.
  • Soccer is an art more central to our culture than anything the Arts Council deigns to recognize.
  • Winning doesn’t really matter as long as you win.
  • The most important thing for a forward is speed of thought. Top players read the game.
  • The roots of our Soccer Tribe lie deep in our primeval past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...